Johanan Dujon is the CEO of Algas Organics, the Caribbean’s first indigenous biotechnology manufacturing company.
Recognizing the crippling effect of Sargassum on his home island of St. Lucia, Johanan founded the company in 2014, with the vision of valorizing the invasive plant species into world class, organic crop protection and crop nutrition products. He is an alumni of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College. Under his stewardship, Algas Organics has processed over 1 million pounds of Sargassum seaweed into fertilizer for export regionally and internationally.
Johanan has been recognized for his innovation locally and internationally;
- The Commonwealth Youth Award For Excellence in Development (2019)
- Forbes Young Leader of the Americas (2019)
- The 2018 Prime Minister's Award for Innovation in Microbiology
- Feature in The Huffington Post (2018)
- OECS Top 30 Entrepreneurs under 30 (2017)
- Caribbean Beat Top 25 Achievers Under 25 (2017)
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year (2017)
- The Forbes 30 Under 30 List (2021)