1. Use of the internet computer workstations is limited to searching library catalogues, online databases and other research activities to support classroom assignments.
2. The internet is not to be used for personal or entertainment purposes e.g chat rooms, personal e-mail, games, prolonged web browsing, viewing of offensive graphics etc. Personal software or other equipment may not be used on the library's computers.
3. Use of personal diskettes and CD-ROM's are allowed on the library's computer but users are responsible for maintaining virus checking software on his her home computer.
4. The library is NOT responsible for damage to any users diskettes, CD-ROM or loss of data resulting from patron use of the library's computer.
5. Misuse of the computers providing internet access will result in suspension of access for a period of one month.
For security purposes bags, briefcases, purses and coats are not allowed in the library. They should be left in the bag bay area upon entrance to the library.
The Library is however not responsible for personal property left in the bags.
Users are only allowed into the library with their note books, stationary and personal items, required for study and research.
1. On exiting the library students will be required to pass through the 3M security gates. This system will ensure that all materials leaving the library are properly checked out.
2. If the alarm sounds students will be required to step back through the gates and return to the circulation desk to ensure that the check out procedure was properly carried out.
3. Study materials must also be presented for inspection at the security desk upon leaving the library. This is to ensure that materials not tagged do not leave the library.
FOOD AND DRINK:
1. Food and drinks are not allowed in the library. These encourage the presence of insects and vermin in the library some of which eventually attack the books.
2. NO FOOD OR DRINK will be allowed in the library. Patrons found violating this rule will be suspended from school.
1. The reading room is for individual study. Patrons are limited to two individuals per table.
2. Group work is not allowed and will not be tolerated.