1. The entire library building is a quiet zone. Loitering, loud conversations in lobbies and stairwells are inappropriate and disruptive.
2. The purpose of the library is for academic study and research. Any conduct inconsistent with this purpose or detrimental to its pursuit by other shall constitute a breach of those rules.
3. The reading room is for quiet, individual study. Group work is inappropriate.
4. Patrons are required to present the appropriate identification cards entitling them to use the library at any time when asked to do so by a member of the library or security staff. Refusal to do so will result in immediate suspension.
5. Personal belongings must not be left unattended. The library is not responsible for loss of materials.
6. Walkman, Discmans and radios and any other personal sound systems are not allowed in the library.
7. Use of cell phones and pagers and other electronic devices are not allowed in the library
8. Chairs, tables and other library equipment are not to be marked, defaced or rearranged. Any patron found defacing library property will be suspended.
9. No more than two persons will be allowed at a table at any one time. Group work is not allowed.
10. Books and periodicals from the display rack used for work in the library should be left on the tables after use. They are not to be replaced on the shelves.
11. Patrons leaving the library must show all bags, periodicals, papers etc in their possession.
12. Library staff shall have the authority to maintain good order in the library and will take action against any individual who breaches the rules and regulations. The librarian will report to the respective Division Heads all patrons responsible for serious breaches of the rules.
13. Any such conduct by members of the College community shall be considered a breach of College discipline.